The Delhi government said it will challenge the high court’s order staying reservation of 80 per cent ICU beds for COVID-19 patients in 33 private hospitals.
Earlier in the day, the Delhi High Court stayed the AAP government’s decision to reserve 80 per cent ICU beds for coronavirus patients in 33 private hospitals.
The bench of Justice Navin Chawla said prima facie the Delhi government’s September 13 order is “arbitrary, unreasonable and violative of fundamental rights of citizens” guaranteed under the Constitution.
The court issued notices and sought responses of the Delhi government and the Centre on a plea by ‘Association of Healthcare Providers’ to quash the order to reserve 80 per cent ICU beds for COVID-19 patients. – The Hindu