Members of the UBC Faculty of Medicine community have been named to the global Highly Cited Researchers 2019 List.
Clarivate Analytics compiles the list, based on highly cited research papers, which are defined as those ranking in the top one per cent by citations in that field and year of publication in the Web of Science.
Web of Science is a publisher-neutral citation index that includes the sciences, social sciences, and art and humanities. The methodology draws on data and analysis performed by bibliometric experts from the Institute for Scientific Information at the Web of Science Group.
This year the list includes 6,217 researchers in various fields from nearly 60 nations, including 183 from Canada.
The following Faculty of Medicine researchers were among 35 UBC academics named to the annual list:
- Inanc Birol, departments of medical genetics and pathology and laboratory medicine; Genome Sciences Centre at the BC Cancer Research Centre; BC Centre for Disease Control
- Michael Brauer, School of Population and Public Health; Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
- Joseph Connors, division of medical oncology in the department of medicine; BC Cancer Agency
- Brett Finlay, departments of biochemistry and molecular biology and microbiology and immunology
- David Huntsman, departments of pathology and laboratory medicine and obstetrics and gynaecology; BC Cancer Agency
- Randy Gascoyne, department of pathology and laboratory medicine; BC Cancer Research Centre
- Jonathon Leipsic, department of radiology, Canada Research Chair in Advanced Cardiopulmonary Imaging; Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care
- Robert Hancock, Centre for Microbial Diseases and Immunity Research, Centre for Blood Research
- Steven Jones, department of medical genetics; Genome Sciences Centre at the BC Cancer Research Centre; CIHR/MSFHR Bioinformatics Training Program for Health Research
- Ian Mackenzie, department of pathology and laboratory medicine; division of neuropathology at Vancouver General Hospital
- Marco Marra, department of medical genetics; Genome Sciences Centre at the BC Cancer Agency; Canada Research Chair in Genome Science
- John Webb, division of cardiology in the department of medicine; St. Paul’s Hospital
- Lakshmi Yatham, department of psychiatry; UBC Institute of Mental Health; Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Healthcare.-UBC