Five More Medical Colleges Sanctioned

Jaipur: The central government on Monday approved the state’s proposal to set up five more medical colleges in Rajasthan. The districts where the new medical colleges would come up are Sawai Madhopur, Jhunjhunu, Hanumangarh, Tonk and Dausa.

With this decision, 30 out of 33 districts in the state will have medical colleges. Except three districts namely Rajsamand, Pratapgarh and Jalore, all the other districts now have a medical college sanctioned in the government sector.

The state government said Rs 325 crore will be spent for each of the five medical colleges. Thus, a total of Rs 1,625 crore would be spent for the setting up of the five medical colleges. While the state government will share 60% of the cost, the remaining 40% will be borne by the Centre.

About two months back, the Centre had given its approval to the state government’s proposal for medical colleges in Alwar, Baran, Banswara, Chittorgarh, Jaisalmer, Karouli, Nagaur, Sri Ganganagar, Sirohi and Bundi districts.

The Centre had also given approval for increasing 350 seats in each of the existing seven medical colleges in May this year and had sanctioned Rs 450 crore for augmenting basic infrastructure in these medial colleges.-Times Of India

Share this:

Related Post

Stay Updated on Medical Equipment and Devices industry.
Receive our Daily Newsletter.