Hospital Planning and Infrastructure (H.P.I.) summit is a gathering of those involved in planning, designing, and building healthcare facilities across the region and brings experts together to uncover and discuss solutions to the challenges involved in building and retrofitting world-class hospital infrastructure in India. The H.P.I. summit was held in Kochi on July 6 at Le Meridien in Maradu, presented by Ideas Exchange (IDEX). The summit is a one day conference which includes panel discussions, networking sessions followed by designated speaker sessions.
Keeping in mind the needs and trends in the current healthcare industry, globally as well as in India the theme of the summit is Delivering the future of Healthcare Design: Smart and Sustainable.
The Kochi summit opened with a panel discussion on analyzing the pros and cons of Ayushman Bharat Scheme and its impact on healthcare delivery in India followed by another panel discussion on what is Kerala doing to leverage medical tourism into delivering quality and futuristic healthcare to international patients. Our expert speakers further held sessions on the following topics:
- Improving clinical outcomes at affordable costs with technology is fast becoming a reality, will you be left behind?
- How an integrated OR helps to increase efficiency and satisfaction by simplifying workflows, streamlining communications, and connecting surgeons, staff, and patients.
- How can high performing hospitals tackle hospital acquired infections and also increase their OR efficiency using technology.
- Panel discussion on how building technologies are impacting hospital design.
- Importance of designing using optimal surface solutions to control infection, reducing turnaround time in surgical environment, and increase the durability of the infrastructure.
- How can standalone clinics survive whilst delivering fast and efficient healthcare in tier II and tier III cities.
- And lastly the most waited session, a panel discussion on how lessons can be drawn from consumer driven sectors.
H.P.I. summit in Kochi witnessed a total 140 delegates from the following hospitals and organizations: Aster Medcity, Believers Church hospital, Lourdes hospital, VPS lakeshore hospital, Rainbow Children’s Hospital Bangalore, PD Hinduja hospital Mumbai, Chairman of healthcare initiatives CII western region, IMA Hospital Board of India.
The speakers who lead the conference are as follows: Joy Chakraborty, COO, PD Hinduja Hospital; Dr Harish Pillai, CEO, Aster Hospitals and Clinics; Vijay Raaghavan, Associate Director, PWC India; Dr Kushilab Bose, Chief of Medical Operations, Healthspring Clinics; Dr RV Asokan, President, Indian Medical Association; Dr Vivek Desai, Founder, Hosmac India; Dr George Chandy Matteethra, Director and CEO, Believers Church Medical College Hospital; Dr Roheet Rao, Head, Clinical and Business development, Stasis Labs; Dr Prem Jagyasi, MD & CEO, Dr Prem and Associates; Kunal Passi, Senior Product Specialist, Stryker India; Abdul Hameed, Sr. General Sales Manager, South India, ASP, Johnson and Johnson; Binesh Sukumar, Principal Architect, Binesh Kumar and Associates; Alex Cyriac, Chief consultant and MD, Alex Cyriac Associates; Dr R Padmakumar, Senior Consultant and HOD of Minimal Invasive Surgery, Lakeshore Hospital; Anirban Mukhuti, Head of marketing, Saint Gobain Gyproc; Herdev Singh, Healthcare Segment Leader, Dupont Protection Solutions- Surfaces; Dr Benny Joseph, CEO, Jubilee Mission Hospital Medical College & Research Institute; Dr Joseph Benaven, Managing Director, Lourde Hospital Kannur; and Dr Sanjeev Singh, Sr Medical Superintendent, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences.
H.P.I. summit is organized by Ideas Exchange (IDEX) and supported by Corian Design and Stryker India Pvt. Ltd. as the Gold Partner, Stasis Labs as the Silver Partner, Eubiq India Pvt. Ltd. as the Bronze Partner, ASP J&J as the Session Partner followed by Hosmac India as the Knowledge Partner.
The Ideas Exchange, a division of IX Events Ltd has unique experience in the world of conferences and exhibitions. They have assembled a team of professionals that provide outstanding value and service to the European, African and Indian markets. Our expertise covers a wide variety of business sectors: from pharmaceutical to beauty, infrastructure to corporate governance. We focus on business-to-business exhibitions and conferences. Our offices are based in Mumbai (India), Johannesburg (South Africa) London (England), but our capabilities extend across Asia, Africa, and Europe.
We stage our own branded events and work internationally to make our events relevant to their geographical market. We produce everything from hotel-based conferences to major international exhibitions where our vision is to have business communities solve the big challenges of today and overcome the hurdles of tomorrow through our ideas exchanges.
Adding to the Kochi summit, H.P.I. would like to further announce an invitation for the upcoming summits and exhibition as mentioned below:
- P.I. Summit Ahmedabad: August 24, 2018
- P.I. Summit and Exhibition Mumbai: October 12-14, 2018 at Bombay Convention and Exhibition Centre