Land for Super Specialty Hospital at PMCH Soon

The state health department has accelerated the land transfer process between Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) and Patna University for the proposed super specialty hospital. A seven-member parliamentary standing committee team on health and family welfare, led by Rajya Sabha member Ram Gopal Yadav, visited the PMCH on November 29 and expressed concern over the delay in the land transfer process. The team had also met chief secretary Deepak Kumar in this regard. Patna University will hand over its 1405 square metres area near PU dispensary and Kali Mandir to PMCH for a super specialty hospital. In return, PMCH will transfer 1,421 square meters of land of skin and venereal disease ward near Kali Mandir to PU to set up a dispensary there. PMCH superintendent Dr Rajiv Ranjan Prasad said, “The process has already begun and it will be completed very soon.” The proposed 211-bed health facility will have eleven departments and seven operation theaters. Central Public Works Department (CPWD) will construct the building.

“The super specialty hospital will have neurology, nephrology, neurosurgery, gastroenterology (medicine), gastroenterology (surgical), hematology, radiotherapy, endocrinology, urology, neonatology and oncology departments. It will also have advance courses such as DM (doctor of medicine) and MCh (magister chirurgiae) or master of surgery,” Dr Prasad said. In 2017, the Center planned super specialty hospitals in PMCH, ANMMCH (Gaya) and Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital (Bhagalpur). It also planned to make them operational from the 2019-20 academic session. The super specialty hospital on the PMCH campus would involve a cost of Rs 201.89 crore. While the central government would bear 60 percent of the cost, the state government would finance the rest 40 percent. It is to built near Indira Gandhi Institute of Cardiology. When contacted, Patna DM Kumar Ravi said, “We have demanded the papers from the two entities for verification. We will process the papers within a week.” – TOI

Share this:

Related Post

Stay Updated on Medical Equipment and Devices industry.
Receive our Daily Newsletter.