Private Hospitals to Get Payments on Ayushman Bharat Within 15 days

In a significant move meant to remove apprehensions of the private hospitals, the Uttarakhand Government has decided to clear their payments within 15 days for treating patients under Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The chief executive officer (CEO) of the scheme in Uttarakhand and additional secretary Yugal Kishore Pant said that in the contract with the private hospitals, the state health agency has incorporated a condition according to which their payments would be cleared within 15 days. He said that the agency has so far received 35 claims from the private hospitals under the scheme out of which seven claims have been processed. Pant said that under normal conditions, while it is compulsory for the patients being referred from the Government hospitals to the private hospitals the patients in emergency cases can be admitted at the private hospitals without any referral.

He clarified that the patients having no access to any medical facility can be admitted at the government health centers under the scheme and referred to private hospitals for treatment.  Pant added that for treatment under the scheme in any empanelled hospital, the patients should have to show their ration card and AADHAR card to the hospital authorities. He informed that the State health agency has appointed Arogya Mitras in all the empanelled hospitals for assisting the patients on issues related to treatment under the scheme.  A total of 30 private hospitals have so far been included under the scheme while the process to empanel 19 hospitals is under progress. Notably, the ambitious health insurance scheme is being implemented in Uttarakhand since September 23.

The State health agency has earmarked 5.37 lakh families of Uttarakhand as beneficiaries of the scheme on the basis of the social and economic census 2011. Under the scheme, all members of the beneficiary family are eligible for a health cover of ₹5 lakh per year in all the government hospitals and empanelled private hospitals. The scheme is being run on a trust mode and the state health agency has selected a Hyderabad- based company, Family Health Planning Limited, for technical help. The Union government is providing 90 percent of the budget for the scheme while the state government would contribute the remaining 10 percent. Interestingly, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has resolved to include all families of the State under the scheme for which the state health agency would soon start second phase of survey. – Daily Pioneer

Share this:

Related Post

Stay Updated on Medical Equipment and Devices industry.
Receive our Daily Newsletter.