CGHS is presently operational in 37 cities all over the country. Besides, steps have been taken to cover more cities under CGHS, as follows:
- Necessary Order regarding opening of new CGHS Allopathic Wellness Centers at Kochi, Varanasi, Srinagar, Jalandhar, Visakhapatnam, Baghpat, Faridabad and Jabalpur has been issued.
- The order regarding merger of 33 Postal Dispensaries with CGHS has also been issued.
CGHS pensioner beneficiaries residing in non-CGHS areas have the following options to avail medical facility under CGHS:
- They have the option to avail CGHS facility by registering themselves in the nearest CGHS city after making the required subscription.
- CGHS pensioner beneficiaries (and their dependent and eligible family members), who are holding a valid CGHS card and are residing in a non-CGHS areas shall be eligible to obtain treatment from Government Hospitals (Central Govt./State Govt./Local Self Government/hospitals recognized under CS (MA) Rules, 1944/hospitals and clinics empanelled under ECHS) and submit the medical reimbursement claim to the Additional Director of the concerned CGHS City, where the CGHS card is registered through CMO in-charge of CGHS Wellness Center, where the CGHS card is registered.
- In case of non-emergency treatment from hospitals approved under Central Services (Medical Attendance) Rules, 1944 and Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS), it is necessary to obtain prior approval from CMO in-charge of concerned Wellness Center where the CGHS card is registered.
- In case of medical emergency, treatment may be obtained from any hospital and medical claim shall be submitted to the Additional Director/Joint Director of the concerned CGHS City through CMO in-charge of concerned CGHS Wellness Center, where the CGHS card is registered. – PIB