Connect with us

Daily News

Hospital’s licence suspended for overcharging COVID-19 patients

In yet another incident, a licence of the hospital treating COVID-19 patients has been suspended for inflating bill amount.

The action was taken against the hospital after Kalyan Dombivli Municipal Corporation (KDMC) received several complaints from patients being overcharged.

Kalyan’s Sridevi Hospital’s licence has been suspended for violating government orders.

The development comes nearly 10 days after the civic body returned 51 per cent of the excess amount charged to the patients after the audit found discrepancies and issued show caused notices to the hospital.

KDMC spokesperson said that the civic body had received several complaints from patients about Sridevi Hospital charging them exorbitant amounts.

“On the directives of KDMC Commissioner Dr Vijay Suryavanshi, its licence was suspended on Saturday.”

The licence has been suspended till August 31 or till the hospital complies with the official orders.

Though the admission of new patients has been prohibited, the hemodialysis facility at the hospital will continue.

Sameer Sarvankar, KDMC’s medical officer has been appointed the hospital’s administrator with immediate effect.

The state government has asked the private hospitals to charge regular government rates for the first 80 per cent beds and thereafter permitted to fix their charges for the remaining 20 per cent beds. – Mumbai Mirror

error: Content is protected !!