J Mitra today announced the launch of their 4th Generation Elisa-based HCV Test – the HCV Gen 4 Ag & Ab Microlisa. The 4th Generation HCV Microlisa is an in-vitro qualitative enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detecting HCV core antigen and antibodies against HCV (anti-HCVs) in human serum or plasma. The kit is intended to screen blood donations to identify and eliminate the infected units of blood and for clinical diagnostic testing of Hepatitis C.
Hepatitis C is a type of viral infection that sometimes leads to severe liver damage and causes liver inflammation. Hepatitis C virus (HCV) spreads through contaminated blood.
Key features of the indigenously developed HCV Microlisa test kit are –
- 4th Generation (even more advanced than the existing 3rd generation kit)
- Detection of HCV Core Antigen and Antibody to HCV Core, NS3, NS4, NS5 in human serum or plasma
- Detects all 11 HCV Genotypes
- User friendly with total test time being 150 mins
- Long shelf life of 24 months at 2-8° C
- 100 % Sensitivity – 100 % Specificity (evaluated by NIB, GOI)
The HCV Microlisa Test Kit has been evaluated by the National Institute of Biologicals (NIB), Government of India. This premier institute ensures Quality Control of Biologicals, e.g., Insulin, erythropoietin, blood products, and diagnostic kits, e.g., HIV, HBV, HCV. It is a WHO Collaborating Centre for Quality Control of HIV, HCV, HBsAg, and Syphilis Diagnostic Assays and Support Cell for WHO Pre-Qualification Programme for In-Vitro Diagnostics.