Connect with us

Daily News

Rs 5 Lakh Health Cover For 10 Lakh New Families From December

The state government is planning to increase the insurance cover from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 5 lakh for 10 lakh new families who were earlier not covered under the Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojna from December.

Since Bhamashah scheme has merged into Centre’s Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna, new beneficiaries have been added. According to the health department, there are 60 lakh families, who are listed in Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC) 2011 in the state, are eligible under Ayushman scheme.

Besides, there are 1 crore families covered under National Food Security Act (NFSA) 2013 which are already getting benefits of Bhamashah. But, 80% of 60 lakh families listed in SECC 2011 are also covered under NFSA and they were already getting BSBY benefits. Now, the remaining 20% of the families listed in SECC, which is around 10 lakh, who were not getting benefits of Bhamashah earlier, will now start getting the cashless insurance scheme of Rs 5 lakh from December.

“From December, these 1.1 crore families will get Rs 5 lakh insurance,” Rohit Kumar Singh, additional chief secretary (health), health department told TOI.

After the merger of the two health insurance scheme — Centre’s Ayushman scheme and state’s Bhamashah scheme, the new scheme has been launched Ayushman Bharat-Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojna. After the merger, the number of beneficiary families have increased from 1 crore to 1.1 crore for availing cashless treatment at empanelled hospitals. According to health department, basic sum insured of Rs 5 lakh per family per year, will be segmented into Rs 50,000 for secondary illnesses and Rs 4.5 lakh for tertiary illness per family per annum on family floater basis. – Times Of India

Copyright © 2024 Medical Buyer

error: Content is protected !!