Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the Union Budget 2024 on February 1, an interim budget, just ahead of the Lok Sabha elections. The full-fledged budget will be presented by the new government that comes to power after the elections.
In the Budget speech Finance Minister said that India overcame challenges of Covid-19 and created foundations for self-reliant India.
Key takeaways for healthcare sector
- The government will encourage the vaccination against cervical cancer of girls in the age group of 9-14 years for the prevention of the disease. · The health cover under the Ayushman Bharat scheme will be extended to all ASHA and Anganwadi workers and helpers.
- The government plans to set up more medical colleges.
- All maternal and child healthcare schemes will be brought under one comprehensive programme for synergy in implementation.
- Upgradation of Anganwadi centres under ‘Saksham Anganwadi’ and Poshan 2.0 will be expedited.
- The newly designed ‘U-Win’ platform for managing immunisation and intensification of Mission Indradhanush will be rolled expeditiously throughout the country.